Was 2008 a Record Breaking Bull Market?
FSLR Earnings Report Earnings = (Huge)
POT, TRA, CF Industries Earnings = (Huge)
EXON MOBILE, 3 Royalty Trust Stocks, Chesapeake, Vaalco, etc. (Huge)
U.S. Steel, CSN (SID), Mechel, Earnings = Huge
Coal Stocks Earnings Huge
Railroads (CSX) Earnings = HUGE
QUALCOM Earnings HUGE!!
Even FORD produced a profit in the 1st Quarter of 2008.
Other companies that have done better this year than in the recent past:
Sun Hydraulics, Southwall Technologies, Clearly Canadian Beverage, Dr. Pepper Snapple, E-BAY, AMAZON, National Health Partners Resources, Genentech, Celgene, Wim-Bil Dann, TAP, Budweiser InBev, MEDCO Health, YUM, General Mills, McDonalds, Walmart, Costco, Gamestop, Take Two Interactive, Visa (granted this is the first year but historically it's a boom year for them), Mastercard, Netflix, Monsanto, AgFeed Industries, Hewlitt Packard, IBM, Tata Motors, Urban Outfitters, Jewlery Industry (did real well in the 1st half), Lipstick industry (1st half success),
Marvel Entertainment, Johnson and Johnson, Cadbury, Procter and Gamble, etc.
And don't forget that this is the year of turn-a-rounds for:
1) Financials Bottomed
2) Starbucks has now bottomed and is headed up
3) E-Trade is soon to bottom
4) DELL (bottomed)
5) Intel Corp (bottomed)
6) Dare I say it?? The "Airline" industry bottoms and is now headed up?
7) Dare I declare $42.32 a TARGET bottom? You betcha!
8) General Electric bottoms and then soars off of Abu Dhabi deal
9) Clear Channel (a weak maybe)
10) Fannie & Freddie (a weak maybe)
2008 = Year of the Mega Mergers!
1) Berkshire Hathaway buy-out of Wrigley
4) Republic Services Group (already a Merger) gets buy-out offer from Waste Management (still pending).
5) J&J + Beijing Cosmetics (not earth shaking but still J&J's stock price skyrocketed off the news)
Sure... I can make a pretty lengthy list of FAILURES as well mergers that didn't happen (Micro-Hoo), but taking everything together.... How in the world isn't this a BULL MARKET? Why isn't the Dow at 15,000?