What happened to CAPS blogs?
Really, what happened? What killed it?
If you've been a 5+ or 3+ years member of the CAPS community, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.
A couple of years ago or so, there were so many great bloggers here and so many amazing posts daily on this same CAPS blog. Pretty much every day, there would be multiple posts with 20,30 even 50+ recs. If a post didn't get at least 10 recs, there was no way that post would ever make it to the Top 5 Most Recommended Posts (unless it was a :slow" weekend.
Lately, most of the time, the top 5 recommended posts don't get 10 recs combined. Sad, wouldn't you say?
But really, what happened? Or why do you think that is?
- because of these "new" posters who post multiple posts daily, but don't even have a CAPS portfolio (but have their own websites they want you to visit)
- because the market just keeps going up and bears don't have much to write about (double dip is not soming after all)
- because of some great bloggers leaving this community
- because of too many trolls (like me) killing any meaningful disscusion
- because of TMF's too agressive advertising tactics (becoming just like the "other guys" who always just try to sell you something - and they "promised" us they were different)
- because of TMF now having this guy TMFAleph posting 67 posts every day (that get 1-2 recs each, one of them probably his own) who makes it hard for anyone else to say something
- because TMF "took away" from CAPS community some great bloggers like UltraLong and Babo
- because there is a better investing blogging community somewhere else (please let me know where)
- because PM mining stocks are not doing so great as they once where so there is not much to write about (and PM investors were once big part of this community)
- because people realized that writing and reading blogs here on CAPS is just a waste of time
Which one of these you think did it (this what we see today) to this once great blogging community?
I would really like to hear from some of the long-term CAPS members.
Thanks and good luck to all.