What to Pay Attention to in ATVI Conference Call...
The following should be on your mind in the upcoming conference call for Activision Blizzard:
1) When exactly is Singularity going to release? www.gamespot.com has this listed as Q2 2010.
Which means it has been delayed a 2nd time now...
The SINGULARITY issue is a problem here cause if ATVI share price drops on Earnings Report day it will be because there litterally isn't anything for ATVI this Q1. The other anticipated video game is BLUR and that is set to release April 1st 2010. Again.... Titles are getting shifted to what appears to be an awfully crowded Q2.
So in terms of forward looking statements.... I'd ignore Q1 statements in favor of Q2 and beyond.
If ATVI plummets on negative statements for Q1 earnings....then that's just ignorance. I don't expect anything out of ATVI Q1... really... nothing.... The real stuff doesn't start till FOOL's DAY.
And for us investors of ATVI..... we shall call April 1st.... MOTELY FOOL's DAY.
2) Starcraft 2 - Preorders and release date....
Need to know if a solid release date will be available for Starcraft 2 and need some transparency here on Pre-orders today.
Seriously... if I find out that I am the only one in America that has preordered Starcraft 2 to date then I am no longer an ATVI investor.
3) Battle.net update <---- Again... need clue on release date and more details of what this could mean for future Blizzard Titles beyond Starcraft 2 & Diablo III
4) DIABLO III release date
Need to know if 2010 is still possible for Diablo III release.
5) WOW Cataclysm Preoders <----- How are these looking?
6) MOBILE Internet Tsunami <------- What is Activision Blizzard planning in terms of the ever expanding and ever more complicated Mobile Video Gaming Market... What with the IPAD coming out in March.
Does ATVI see the iPAD as a video gaming console like Analysts are speculating?
7) CHINA <---- I'd like to know what ATVI thinks about CHINA in general... When will China get Cataclysm?