Use access key #2 to skip to page content.

L0RDZ (84.26)

What’s the United States Worth? $1.4 Quadrillion

Recs

14

March 01, 2011 – Comments (6)

http://dmarron.com/2010/01/04/whats-the-united-states-worth-1-4-quadrillion/

I really didn't want to get into this discusion however I felt compelled based upon all the bs scarey blogs  saying that  the US is broke, yet rather than just come up with figures of what I think we have in assets and revenue potential I thought I would  take  a few seconds to google the internet and came across one valuation suggesting that we could get 1.4 quadrillion in valuation.

How you say ? well rather than restate, simply go to the link and read it ~ its not long or complex it took me under one minute to read.

For those who are unsure how much a quadrillion is  ~ its 1,000 trillion  and according to the article the US gov could obtain that much if we were to offer a new secuity based upon the GDP of the US.

Additionally I could point out all the natural resources within the US ~ the land, the water, minerals, metals, people, animals, etc etc

Additionally I could tally how much our military and industrial complexs are worth, the skills of the people ~ again etc etc

How much do you think ???  very probably way more than quadrillions when you factor in potential and the future capability of the children and those yet to be created.

Now compare that to the national debt   ~ factor in the fact that we can  and do print money out of the air that the world gladly accepts and prefers ~ world currency.

 Now I'm not saying that everything is being run well, but when you look at the bigger picture  the US is no where even close to being considered even a credit risk to not be able to repay its obligations.

 

6 Comments – Post Your Own

#1) On March 01, 2011 at 10:51 AM, ChrisGraley (30.25) wrote:

Networth = assets - liabilities.

Report this comment
#2) On March 01, 2011 at 12:36 PM, checklist34 (99.73) wrote:

interesting link and article, but I think pricing the "tril" at 1% would be a bit high.  At 3%, per this analysis, we'd be pricing it at 460 billion. 

Report this comment
#3) On March 01, 2011 at 3:21 PM, portefeuille (99.56) wrote:

A Way to Share in a Nation’s Growth

Report this comment
#4) On March 01, 2011 at 3:29 PM, portefeuille (99.56) wrote:

The "$1.4 quadrillion valuation" part is utter nonsense of course. It would be impossible to issue a trillion "trills" ...

Report this comment
#5) On March 01, 2011 at 3:30 PM, lctycoon (< 20) wrote:

The total value of the entire USA at the height of the real estate bubble was somewhere around $56 trillion.  That's the networth of every citizen, including what we all own abroad.

One quadrillion?  That would be a heck of a bubble.  How about assuming that the GDP is equal to earnings and give the USA a P/E of 10?  That would give us a total worth of about $140 trillion.  That's a lot higher than I think is reasonable, but...

A P/E of 100 might get us to $1.4 quadrillion, but anyone that values an asset at 100 times earnings needs to have their brain examined.

The truth is, the productive capability of future citizens will be less than today.  For one reason - there's a lot less of them.  As the Boomers retire, the size of the labor force will decline.  Meanwhile, the number of people that the declining labor force will have to support is increasing.  Where will this growth to justify even a P/E of 10 come from?

Report this comment
#6) On March 01, 2011 at 3:30 PM, portefeuille (99.56) wrote:

It would be impossible to issue a trillion "trills" ...

It is utter nonsense for orther reasons as well, of course ...

Report this comment

Featured Broker Partners


Advertisement