Who is Alstry.....????
Wow...I go to lunch and there are a number of unsolicited blogs about me?????? A bit ridiculous don't you think....especially during these trying times???? But since there seems to be interest....for those that want to know......
Alstry is the founder of Alstrynomics......the practical and functional application of economics and political science. Alstrynomic's key theory is Concentric Contraction where the price of just about everything implodes in dollar terms. In furthering Alstrynomics, Alstry is a fact delivering machine and a product of the internet age.....none of this could have been possible without the ability of obtaining, distilling, and delivering information that the internet offers with such ease and low cost.
Alstry's personality is unique to Alstry and is solely the product of his creator. Although his views mimic his creators, his acerbic personality is very different. Much of Alstry's personality is an offshoot of characters in Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged.
Some core characteristics of Alstry beliefs:
1. People should be judged on merit and not whether they won the overian lottery.
2. Only attack others if they attack you first.....no premptive wars here....and the bigger they are....the harder you should hit back...using only the necessary force to repel the aggression.
3. Believing in yourself is a positive only if you offer something to believe in.....
4. Everyone should have an opportunity to succeed regardless of where they start out in life
5. No one, and I mean no one, is "better" than anyone else....
6. Just because you have some education pedigree or have scored high on a test....I am willing to bet that there are a number of areas in your life where you are an idiot.
7. Being the best you can be is all that anyone can ask for....and if possible, it should be your choice to pursue what you want to be
8. The Constitution of the United States is one of the greatest documents ever written by humans....and its importance is only relevent if the principals are applied.
9 Protect those that are weaker than you
10. Success is often defined by ability to overcome failures rather than easy victories.
The above are simply ten characteristics listed in no particular order of importance nor is intended to be comprehensive.
Alstry sees America on a very nasty path right now....his goal is to warn those of the difficulties ahead and maybe provide a few ideas how to mitigate the distress. By nature Alstry is not a negative person......as a matter of fact, he is preparing to morph into PostiveAlstry....but he is not an idiot nor one who likes to deceive about the realities of the current situation.
For example....think about this foreclosure assistance nonsense being proposed as a potential solution to the current problem........since the proposal is only $50 Billion...it mathematically CAN'T address the severity of the current problem....How, Alstry do you know that??? EASY!!!! Because at the peak.....people were taking out over $200 Billion PER QUARTER in HELOCs alone.
Alstry is not a genius...nor does he pretend to be smart. He is just a common sense guy that has a lot of mileage in his career. He has made many mistakes and hopefully can teach you how to avoid a few. He has lost millions of dollars personally...and will very likely lose millions more as long as his health holds out....
But the one thing Alstry loves more than just about anything is a DEAL. Few like the DEAL like Alstry. He is a Costcoholic and loves ripping thru the financial statements of public companies searching for value. And when the day comes when deals are available or are brought to his attention.....few will be partying like Alstry.
You can like Alstry or hate him....either way he doesn't care.....he is just a cyber character with a fairly thick skin....he doesn't proactively want to anger anyone.....but the easiest way to shut him up is beat him in CAPs.....after all...CAPs is about investors helping investors.....and you guys have helped me a lot. The better you are...the better I will likely become.
Thanks to ALL CAPs players and to TMF for this site.....good luck trying to out score me.
PS: A special thanks to Sinchi, not because I necessarily agree with his views......but now that I have collected a bit of physical silver....I gotta tell you having it is a lot of fun. Regardless of any profits or losses.....just playing with and giving away the coins is a blast. Sorta like poker chips....they are just fun to fondle. In addition, you will not believe the reaction of people when you give them a silver dollar. It puts a smile on people's faces.....and during these times....just watching the reaction is priceless.