Why I'm watching CHK
I don't really know much about CHK. I know it is involved in NG and oil (mostly NG). I know it is generally seen as a leader in its field. Not sure why, because I don't know how to analyze oil and gas companies. What I do know is they have a piece of crap CEO. However, the stock is very cheap, and beats earnings often. I think for the short term there will be nothing but bad news flow. Funds forced to sell it, SEC probes, other people saying what kind of messed up stuff he has done, etc. This will all beat the stock down heavily. It's already down over 20% since the scandal broke out. If it drops another 10-15%, to a total of 35% all based on the scandal, I will watch for a catalyst. Maybe the board will get rid of him. Maybe his pay will be restricted. Let us not forget what he did, didn't negatively impact earnings, it was just stupid. if there is a move made that would severely reduce the chance of him screwing the company in the future, then most if not all of that 35% would jump back over time.
Well, anyway, I think it is worth keeping an eye on. What do you think?