Use access key #2 to skip to page content.

alstry (36.32)

YIPEE!!!!! America Lost OVER 500K Jobs Last Week!!!!

Recs

26

October 08, 2009 – Comments (20)

New jobless claims fall to 521,000, lowest since Jan

Now...with practically every company, school, hospital, city, county and state cutting jobs to survive.....and the FED printing trillions of FREE Money.....America is still losing OVER 500,000 jobs per week!!!!!  That is OVER 26,000,000 per year for the math challenged.

And Wall Street is cheering the fact that many are firing and few are hiring??????

Losing OVER 500K jobs per week during a period when few are hiring is far more signifcant on net losses than losing 700K jobs per week when many are hiring.  The joke is the birth/death model is still applying old job creation figures.

Couple that with the fact that we are still losing that many jobs while the government is printing MASSIVE amounts of FREE MONEY creates a very ominous outlook indeed.

Some of you Fools keep focusing on the Somali Pirates or Health Care reform.....once you find out money is free....you may finally realize everything you have accumulated in your life may be worthless as free money is worth exactly what it costs....nothing.

Not a big deal really....just a change in the world as you know it......

So those of you cheering on the over 500,000 Americans that lost their jobs last week(not including all the independent contractors or business owners)......have a great day.....as money becomes free and simply something for the Federal Rerserve to print and give to their friends...no matter how much you make....you are broke as well once everyone realizes what is going on.

It is amazing how long this charade has continued......maybe that is why we are building up troops?  Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

20 Comments – Post Your Own

#1) On October 08, 2009 at 9:58 AM, FreeMarkets (92.43) wrote:

During the normal, FED induced, business cycle, unemployment is viewed as a lagging indicator.  Money was spent poorly during the boom, the economy goes south, company's lay off workers and then profits begin to rise and company's begin to hire again.

This is NOT a normal bust.  This current bust is specifically about a housing bubble and over consumption.  More layoffs mean MORE foreclosures - and our banking system is precariously weak.  This is clearly bad news.  

In fact, Alcoa stated that demand is up because of China - not the U.S. economy.  But we shouldn't forget the housing bubble lasted a good five years, and for six months we've been creating an equity bubble.  I would expect this to last another three months.  I base that on how long it took investors to realize that deflation wasn't the problem, but inflation.  Gold peaked in March 2008 and didn't make a substantial move higher until December 2008 - 9 months.

Report this comment
#2) On October 08, 2009 at 10:08 AM, drgroup (69.07) wrote:

Agreeing with what you say 100%, that is why I am in a fog as to why this market is even over 9000, much less over 9800. It makes no sense. Nothing has happened to stimulate this economy, nothing. Banks are not lending the money the were bailed out with, which helps business failure, which promotes higher unemployment. Retailers and malls are closing, people are staying home and not eating out. The hotel and airline business are a joke. Auto clunker checks are "in the mail". The mentally challenged that run run this country are trying to jamb a rediculous slavery bill under the the guise of a health bill, down our throats. It just goes on and on and on. How can this market be over 9800?

Report this comment
#3) On October 08, 2009 at 10:24 AM, catoismymotor (< 20) wrote:

I am concerned that Alstry has not been eating well since he has been dividing his time with his new identity, Rebkong1. So to honor the fact that his 09/09 predicition, amongst others, failed to come to fruition I have found a recipe that might help him through his doldrums. Since he needs a healthy serving of humble pie along with a side of crow I have found the perfect meal. Alstry, I hope you enjoy it while play with your Zombulator.

Remember before you cook anything it is always good to PREPARE!!!!!!!!!!! by having all the items at hand.

http://www.recipecottage.com/variety-meats/crow-pie.html

Crow Pie

1 crow
stuffing of your choice
salt and pepper
shortening
flour
2 Pie crust mixes
2-3 hard-boiled eggs

Stuff the crow. Loosen joints with a knife but do not cut through.
Simmer the crow in a stew-pan, with enough water to cover, until
nearly tender, then season with salt and pepper. Remove meat from bones and set aside.

Prepare pie crusts as directed. (Do not bake)

Make a medium thick gravy with flour, shortening, and juices in
which the crow has cooked and let cool.

Line a pie plate with pie crust and line with slices of hard-boiled
egg. Place crow meat on top. Layer gravy over the crow. Place
second pie dough crust over top.

Bake at 450 degrees for 1/2 hour.

Report this comment
#4) On October 08, 2009 at 10:39 AM, KayT9 (< 20) wrote:

For those looking for employment during these difficult times, research is key to landing the right job. Many publications show different categories for the best companies to work for. Also, another worthwhile site is SalaryFor.com http://www.salaryfor.com/

which has a huge database of actual salaries that companies are paying for different positions as well as career advice and job listings.  You can post your own salary or view others for free. 

Report this comment
#5) On October 08, 2009 at 10:44 AM, jddubya (< 20) wrote:

"It is amazing how long this charade has continued......maybe that is why we are building up troops?  Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm."

LOL - this could be a SNL Church lady script

Report this comment
#6) On October 08, 2009 at 10:51 AM, leohaas (31.21) wrote:

521K people filing new claims does not equate to 521K lost jobs in America. During the same week, no doubt some found new work. If you want to report on how many jobs were lost in America (like your title suggests), you need to subtract the new jobs. The monthly job loss in September was 263K, or about 61K/week. Too high, for sure, but nowhere near as bad as you suggest.

Maybe you should consider moving out of Detroit. That is probably the worst place to be right now (Tigers, anybody?). A change of scenery might help convince you that things aren't as bad in this great nation as they are in your city. Location, location, location....

Report this comment
#7) On October 08, 2009 at 10:58 AM, alstry (36.32) wrote:

The only reason the monthly jobs number did not exceed one million is we arbitrarily too hundreds of thousands out of the workforce....when in reality hundreds of thousands probably joined the workforce due to their spouses getting fired.

There has been much commentary on this subject.....you may want to verify it independently.

I don't need to move to Detroit....Detroit is moving all across America as we continue with these policies....altough Detorit has a number of very positive attributes.

Report this comment
#8) On October 08, 2009 at 11:06 AM, jddubya (< 20) wrote:

Hey lookee here, an anti-Alstry look at Detroit:

 

http://www.wwj.com/Detroit-Economy--Still-Dismal--But-Worst-Is-Behind/5258132

Report this comment
#9) On October 08, 2009 at 11:14 AM, alstry (36.32) wrote:

jd,

The worst has been behind Detroit for the past 30 years......aren't you getting a little tired of that song.

The amazing thing about Alstrynomics is it is so easy to see what happens to a nation that refuses to deal with its conditions of declining sales, declining profits, evaporating tax receipts and the massive printing of Free Money which has NEVER happened before to our country.

It is happened to a number of other nations.....and soon you will find out what it feels like.......I hope you can fight....

Report this comment
#10) On October 08, 2009 at 11:21 AM, jddubya (< 20) wrote:

"The amazing thing about Alstrynomics..."

 ...is that it has been about as wrong as it could be in predicting the outcomes based on the info it uses.

Fact.

Report this comment
#11) On October 08, 2009 at 11:34 AM, alstry (36.32) wrote:

jd,

you are just a economic drug addict with economic cancer....you just don't know it yet....but you will soon.

My problem was I thought you were smarter then you actually are.....stupid me for thinking that.....I grant you that...I was wrong.

FACT!!!!! confirmed.

Report this comment
#12) On October 08, 2009 at 11:42 AM, jddubya (< 20) wrote:

LOL

 Soooooon I will get it.... Soooooon I will know it..... Soooooon I will feel it....

Too bad that you were wrong about meEspecially when you are all about being right.

LOL - thanks Alstry,  for the comic relief!

Report this comment
#13) On October 08, 2009 at 11:46 AM, alstry (36.32) wrote:

jd,

There is nothing comical about you laughing at the fact that over 500,000 Americans are losing their job every week.

That is the key difference between you and I.

Report this comment
#14) On October 08, 2009 at 11:59 AM, jddubya (< 20) wrote:

LOL - I just blew coffee all over my keyboard.  Boy alstry, when you're wrong, you're really wrong.  Over and Over.

It's obvious to anyone reading that I'm laughing, hard, at you.

I'm actually glad you broke your word and didn't "dematerialize into the cyber ether" - you do provide good laughs during these tough times.

Report this comment
#15) On October 08, 2009 at 12:26 PM, AvianFlu (21.31) wrote:

I can answer the question about why the market is up for no apparent reason.

In traditional recessions the market goes up about 6 months before the end of the recession in anticipation of recovery. I think everyone is thinking the same thing will happen again. However, we are not experiencing a "typical" recession, in my view.

Alternatively, it is possible that a portion of the rise in stock prices is attributable to inflation due to rampant money printing. Or maybe it is a comibination of both.

As an employer I can tell you that I have put on hold any ideas of hiring additional employees even though I'm working until 11 PM every night. That is because I am afraid of the unknown. I am afraid of what this radical house, senate, and presidency may come up with for additional burdens on business. Their health care "reform" is likely to cost my company a lot. Within the last couple of days Nancy Pelosi suggested starting a value-added tax. I'm not sure how much that would depress sales or cost, but it would have to be substantial. If measures like these are put into place I may have to institute further layoffs. By the way, most of the fabricators we work with are of the same mind. I made a mental list yesterday of other companies we work with that have cut back to a four day work week. It was a very long list. And these are very successful companies that I did not expect to have any hard times at all.

As a point of interest, for many years we refused orders from other countries. However, lately we have been getting a lot of customers from Canada, New Zealand, and Australia. To them, our products seem cheap. That is because their currency is getting stronger and ours is getting weaker. So I have decided to work with them since people in the US with money are getting very scarce.

Are you unemployed? Here is a great business idea: Form a company that facilitates the shipment of products between countries. With duty, paperwork, etc it is a big pain. Someone who could make that quick and easy for us would definitely get my business. Emphasis on low grief and EASY.

Report this comment
#16) On October 08, 2009 at 12:55 PM, alstry (36.32) wrote:

jd....keep cheering the increasing distress of America....it is fitting you are an attorney.

I was there once.......

Report this comment
#17) On October 08, 2009 at 3:10 PM, jddubya (< 20) wrote:

Ummmm...look at the title of this blog and tell me who's cheering?  I'm laughing big Al.  Laughing at YOU....

Report this comment
#18) On October 08, 2009 at 3:20 PM, alstry (36.32) wrote:

No jd,

you are laughing at yourself.....my blog and its contents speak for itself and is open for all to see.

your fixation with my blog is direct evidence of your concern....so keep laughing....soon you will FEEL why.....

Report this comment
#19) On October 08, 2009 at 3:40 PM, drgroup (69.07) wrote:

AvianFlu... I accept your logic behind the up market from the stand point of past recessions and the anticipation of recovery. But, as you also state this is not a "normal recession". Never have we as a nation faced the ravages of what happens during the socialistic/facist take over of a government and by extension, the economy. The paradigm models of recovery are going to have to be trashed and new ones developed.

I like your idea about handeling the paperwork for goods and materials shipped out of the country. At one time I owned an export business focused on the Caribbean. Sometimes I could not handle this paperwork and relied upon freight forwarders. They charged to much for their services, but had no choice sometimes. It was low grief and easy, but costley. 

Report this comment
#20) On October 09, 2009 at 9:11 AM, PdoBear (< 20) wrote:

Dear Honorary Mayor of Detroit (HMD):

"my blog"

Whew... that was close. I thought we might lose your fine blog because of what happened in September. You remember, MOAP, the Mother of All Phonies. Glad to see we won't be without Copypasta, Caps Lock, and motivational punctuation.

Sincerely,

A fan

 

 

 

Report this comment

Featured Broker Partners


Advertisement