You Know It Is Options Expiration Week
You know it is option week when:
1. The U.S Oil Fund (NYSE:USO) drops with the U.S. Dollar Index and trades in an 0.80 cents intra-day trading range.
2. Apple Inc.(NASDAQ:AAPL) opened at $342.40 and found an intra-day bottom at $338.67 which was an hour and twenty minutes later.
3. The U.S. Dollar Index futures(DX M1) drop by 0.50 cents after the opening bell.
4. Cliffs Natural Resources Inc.(NYSE:CLF) trades below $85.00 on Monday, rallies back to $90.00 this morning, only to decline back to $88.00 this afternoon. The small retail options trader gets screwed again.
5. Netflix Inc.(NASDAQ:NFLX) trades in a 20 point range since Monday. Small retail options trader gets screwed again.
6. Goldman Sachs Group Inc.(NYSE:GS) downgrades Intel Corp.(NASDAQ:INTC) and the stock is in its first real up-trend in months. Meanwhile, Goldman stock is in a confirmed downtrend dropping over 10.0 points since May 11, 2011.
7. When the Federal Reserve's POMO operation can't move the markets more than 30 minutes.
8. When the institutional traders don't have hundreds of mini flash crashes intra-day on individual stocks.