THE 5 GEM CHALLENGE CONTEST RULES
1. ENTRY: No purchase necessary to enter or win. The contest will run
from July 3, 2008 through July 2, 2009 but all entries must be made by market close
on August 28, 2008. Players must make 5 picks chosen from the Hidden Gems
scorecard. Players may not end any active picks.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This contest is open only to legal U.S. residents,
over the age of 18. Employees and their families of The Motley Fool, Inc.
(along with its contractors, affiliates and subsidiaries) are not eligible.
Void where prohibited by law. Contestants residing in those areas where the
contest is void may participate in the contest but may not win any prizes.
3. WINNER SELECTION: Each week between July 3, 2008 and August 28,
2008, The Motley Fool will randomly select an entrant to win the weekly prize.
The player whose picks outperformed the market by the highest cumulative
percent on July 2, 2009 will be the grand prize winner.
4. PRIZES: The weekly prize winners will each receive a free 1 year
subscription to Motley Fool Hidden Gems [value $199]. The grand prize winner
will receive a free 5 year subscription to Motley Fool Hidden Gems [value
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION: The winners will be notified within 14 days
after the determination date. Inability to contact a winner may result in
disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: The winners will be required to execute and
return a Certificate of Eligibility, Consent and General Release form within 14
days of notification. The winners may also be required to complete and return a
W-9 for tax purposes. Non-compliance within this time period may result in
disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Any income tax liability
is the sole responsibility of the winner. By acceptance of the prize, the
winner consent to the use of his or her name and/or likeness for purposes of
advertising or trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
7. USE OF CONTEST INFORMATION: All entries become the property of The
Motley Fool. The Motley Fool reserves the right to use any and all information
related to the contest, including submissions provided by the contestants, for
editorial, marketing and any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
8. CONDUCT: All contest participants agree to be bound by these
Official Rules. The Motley Fool in its sole discretion,
reserves the right to disqualify any person it finds to be tampering with the
entry process, the operation of this Web site or is otherwise in violation of
9. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Motley Fool is not responsible for
late, lost or misdirected email or for any computer, online, telephone or
technical malfunctions that may occur. If for any reason, the contest is not
capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs,
tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, The
Motley Fool may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest. Entrants
further agree to release The Motley Fool from any liability resulting from, or
related to participation in the contest.
10. WINNERS LIST: The names of the winner may be obtained by sending
a self-addresses stamped envelope to the CAPS Contest, The Motley Fool, Inc.,
2000 Duke Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314.