OFFICIAL CAPS WORLD INVESTING CHAMPIONSHIP CONTEST RULES
1. ENTRY: No purchase necessary to enter or win. The contest will begin scoring on 5/14/2009 and end scoring on 5/14/2010. The entry deadline for the contest is 5/13/2009. For each quarter a player is active in the contest, they must: (i) pick one stock from Tim Hanson's Official Contest Recommendations: and (ii) one stock from the International Stocks tag. Picks may be outperform or underperform. Picks cannot be ended.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This contest is open only to legal U.S. residents, over the age of 18.
Employees and contractors (and their families) of The Motley Fool or any of its affiliates are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law. Contestants residing in those areas where the contest is void may participate in the contest but may not win any prizes.
3. WINNER SELECTION: Entrants will be rated by the same ranking system as the main CAPS service (2/3 of score rank plus 1/3 accuracy rank).
4. PRIZES: The highest rated player on May 14th, 2010 will receive a free 2 year subscription to Motley Fool Global Gains. [Value: approximately $598] The highest rated players on August 14th, 2009, November 14th, 2009 and February 14th, 2010 will receive a free 1 year subscription to Motley Fool Global Gains. [Value: approximately $299]
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION: The winner will be notified within 14 days after the determination date. Inability to contact a winner may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: The winner will be required to execute and return a Certificate of Eligibility, Consent and General Release form within 14 days of notification. The winner may also be required to complete and return a W-9 for tax purposes. Non-compliance within this time period may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Any income tax liability is the sole responsibility of the winner. By acceptance of the prize, the winner consent to the use of his or her name and/or likeness for purposes of advertising or trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
7. USE OF CONTEST INFORMATION: All entries become the property of The Motley Fool. The Motley Fool reserves the right to use any and all information related to the contest, including submissions provided by the contestants, for editorial, marketing and any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
8. CONDUCT: All contest participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. The Motley Fool in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person it finds to be tampering with the entry process, the operation of this Web site or is otherwise in violation of these rules.
9. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Motley Fool is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected email or for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur. If for any reason, the contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, The Motley Fool may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest. Entrants further agree to release The Motley Fool from any liability resulting from, or related to participation in the contest.
10. WINNERS LIST: The names of the winner may be obtained by sending a self-addresses stamped envelope to CAPS Contest, The Motley Fool, LLC, 2000 Duke Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314.