1. ENTRY: No purchase necessary to enter or win. The contest will begin scoring on Monday, March 19, 2007 and end scoring on Tuesday, June 19, 2007. The entry deadline for the contest is Monday, June 18, 2007. Players must have between 1 and 20 picks to enter.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This contest is open only to legal U.S. residents, over the age of 18. Void where prohibited by law. Contestants residing in those areas where the contest is void may participate in the contest but may not win any prizes.
3. TMF EMPLOYEES PARTICIPATION: Because of the nature of this particular contest, employees of The Motley Fool will participate in this contest but will not win any prizes.
4. WINNER SELECTION: Entrants will be rated by the same ranking system as the main CAPS service (2/3 of score rank plus 1/3 accuracy rank).
5. PRIZES: If the top 2 finishers are not Motley Fool employees, the prizes structure is as follows: $4,000 for first place and $3,000 for second place. If a Fool employee places among the top two, the prize structure is as follows for the top two non-Fool employees: $400 for first place and $300 for second place.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION: The winner will be notified within 14 days after the determination date. Inability to contact a winner may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS: The winner will be required to execute and return a Certificate of Eligibility, Consent and General Release form within 14 days of notification. The winner may also be required to complete and return a W-9 for tax purposes. Non-compliance within this time period may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Any income tax liability is the sole responsibility of the winner. By acceptance of the prize, the winner consent to the use of his or her name and/or likeness for purposes of advertising or trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
8. USE OF CONTEST INFORMATION: All entries become the property of The Motley Fool. The Motley Fool reserves the right to use any and all information related to the contest, including submissions provided by the contestants, for editorial, marketing and any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
9. CONDUCT: All contest participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. The Motley Fool in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person it finds to be tampering with the entry process, the operation of this Web site or is otherwise in violation of these rules.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Motley Fool is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected email or for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur. If for any reason, the contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, The Motley Fool may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest. Entrants further agree to release The Motley Fool from any liability resulting from, or related to participation in the contest.
11. WINNERS LIST: The names of the winner may be obtained by sending a self-addresses stamped envelope to the CAPS Contest, The Motley Fool, Inc., 2000 Duke Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314.