1. ENTRY: No purchase necessary to enter or win. To enter the contest, you must pick the stock that you think will best perform during 2007. Your one pick must be an outperform call. Scoring of the contest begins on January 1, 2007 at market open and will close at 6PM (EST) on December 31, 2007. The contest pick will not affect your regular CAPS rating and may be the same as one of your main CAPS picks. The contest pick must meet the same CAPS market cap and share price minimums. If you make your entry when the market is closed, your starting price will be the next open market price of the stock. You can not change your Contest Pick once you've made your entry.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This contest is open only to legal U.S. residents, over the age of 18. Employees and their families of The Motley Fool, Inc. (along with its contractors, affiliates and subsidiaries) may participate, but are not eligible to win prizes. Void where prohibited by law. Contestants residing in those areas where the contest is void may participate in the contest but may not win any prizes.
3. WINNER SELECTION: Entrants will be rated by the same ranking system as the main CAPS service (2/3 of score rank plus 1/3 of accuracy rank). Prizes will be awarded to the three highest ranked players. If there is a tie among the highest ranked players, the top three winners will be chosen by random drawing. Employees of The Motley Fool will judge this contest. All decisions of the judges are final.
4. PRIZES: The winners will each receive one free subscription to any Motley Fool newsletter of their choice.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION: The winners will be notified within 14 days after the determination date. Inability to contact a winner may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: The winner will be required to execute and return a Certificate of Eligibility, Consent and General Release form within 14 days of notification. The winner may also be required to complete and return a W-9 for tax purposes. Non-compliance within this time period may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Any income tax liability is the sole responsibility of the winner. By acceptance of the prize, the winner consent to the use of his or her name and/or likeness for purposes of advertising or trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
7. USE OF CONTEST INFORMATION: All entries become the property of The Motley Fool. The Motley Fool reserves the right to use any and all information related to the contest, including submissions provided by the contestants, for editorial, marketing and any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
8. CONDUCT: All contest participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. The Motley Fool in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person it finds to be tampering with the entry process, the operation of this Web site or is otherwise in violation of these rules.