Alimera Sciences, Inc. (NASDAQ:ALIM)

CAPS Rating: 1 out of 5

Recs

5
Player Avatar zzlangerhans (99.69) Submitted: 1/13/2011 12:53:40 AM : Outperform Start Price: $9.86 ALIM Score: -78.29

Alimera has gotten low enough that I'll plant a flag here for eventual approval of Iluvien. Extended efficacy data and manufacturing deficiencies aren't likely to keep Iluvien from being approved the second time round, given the impressive two year efficacy that has already been demonstrated.If the share price drops below 9 I'll re-evaluate the stock for a potential GBMB buy.

Report this Post 6 Replies
Member Avatar zzlangerhans (99.69) Submitted: 1/21/2011 2:58:24 PM
Recs: 1

2000 shares at 9 today for the GBMB account.

Member Avatar TSIF (99.96) Submitted: 11/11/2011 1:20:09 PM
Recs: 0

Ouch!!! Two more safety studies will take some time and money $$.

Member Avatar Euro2447 (95.66) Submitted: 11/11/2011 1:47:09 PM
Recs: 0

Now the question is...will it settle back over $3 in the next week or so? it already rebounded from 1.71 to 2.20 as of this post...

Biotech always get me into day trading mode I get so impulsive when these get destroyed

Member Avatar TSIF (99.96) Submitted: 11/11/2011 2:17:02 PM
Recs: 1

It's really hard to say. Waiting for two more trials is a lifetime for many bio investors. The current investors have been fairly patient and the float is low. If the insitutions hold then this could settle down and climb again from $2.00. If one of the bigger holders dumps then I'd expect it to settle at $1.60 to $1.80 for awhile. I couldn't resist it either from a CAPS play, but I would rather have had the $1.71 than the $2.06.

The good news is that there is not an concern over the benefit, but I've never seen a BIO get hit with such a strong safety hit by the FDA after so many trials. If they thought there was a safety issue then they would have halted it. If there was a safety issue the trials would have flagged it. From what I can read, the FDA just indicated that safety hadn't yet been proven. Maybe ZZ has some experience with this variant of an FDA Complete Response.....???

Member Avatar zzlangerhans (99.69) Submitted: 11/11/2011 5:00:37 PM
Recs: 1

Pretty bad day, on CAPS and real money. Market cap 61.5M at the close and net liquid asset balance of 33M. I'm not seeing much reason for this to trade above cash right now given the harshness of the rejection and lack of a pipeline, so it may drift down as low as 1. I'm kicking myself for not listening to Gekkowire, probably because I was swayed by Oppenheimer. From on now I go with the "amateurs". Protective puts in pSivida would have been a good idea as well since options weren't available in Alimera. Live and learn.

Member Avatar Momentum21 (93.99) Submitted: 11/11/2011 5:27:19 PM
Recs: 1

That was a hard hand to fold...that was just about the worst case scenario when it didn't appear that safety was a major red flag here all along.

I am going to wait for the call on Monday before I throw in the white flag here...they have a European Hail Mary left and I will pray for that...LOL

Featured Broker Partners


Advertisement