IsoRay, Inc. (NYSEMKT:ISR)

CAPS Rating: 1 out of 5

The Company develops, manufactures and sells isotope-based medical products and devices for the treatment of cancer and other malignant diseases.


Player Avatar TSIF (99.96) Submitted: 3/20/2014 4:26:14 PM : Underperform Start Price: $3.34 ISR Score: +30.79

I keep telling myself as I antagonize over the 200 pick limit here on CAPS, that I'm going to hold my ammo for only the most juicy fruit and better respect the 3-day rule, but it’s really, really hard sometimes to decide what’s juicy enough and harder still to do my patent pending 5 minute drill and then not shoot something up or down.

Still 300% in two days, trending back down in the closing hours “typically” shows that shorts have covered and daytraders are closing positions, although like bees, they may think there is something left here tomorrow.
I wish ultra small companies in the medical field all the best despite my downthumbs, (other than companies that are taking advantage of shareholders with no real potential). There are times, however, when the valuation/timing just don’t align.

In the case of IsoRay, I congratulate them on their first field direct use of treatment of a tumor with Cesium-131 seed meshes for internal radiation therapy. I wish the 12 year old patient all the best. However, though you have to start somewhere..the first application means much more study, time until this company can sell anything. The tiny company is covering it’s $3M per quarter negative cash flow with stock each quarter. Yes, the higher share price will reduce the dilution rate, but do expect dilution into the news.

The current product pulling in a million or so a year, has not grown in sales, (brachytherapy treatments, prostate, brain cancer and lung cancer), they have actually decreased.
In short, this is not 300% share price escalation news…not yet, playing for a sharp retrace. Will watch this little company if it returns to fairer value.

Report this Post 2 Replies
Member Avatar Teacherman1 (53.06) Submitted: 3/21/2014 10:38:49 AM
Recs: 0

I agree that this moved "too much, too soon" and will likely come back down significantly when the "dust settles and the air clears".

Even though I don't usually "invest/speculate" in this sector, I have it on my watch list at $0.50, and if it starts approaching that level again, I will take a more detailed look at it.

Don't know enough about them at this time to even make a rational decision, but that much "spike" usually results in a significant drop.

Might be good for a "swing trade" if it keeps dropping down to the $1.00 level.

JMO and worth exactly what I am charging for it.

Member Avatar TSIF (99.96) Submitted: 3/21/2014 10:46:56 AM
Recs: 0

We are in full agreement on this one....they did dilute the very next day, (today) $2.60, curbing the normal 2-3 day cycle and setting the sell cycle....sometimes dilution prices set a floor as holders believe the new investors are knowledgeable...sometimes there are too many day traders exiting and the fall is sharper.

Did you see my note to you on IMRS? I'm keeping you in mind while I'm sniffing around. My initial entry was a few days early, but it seems to have settled....

Featured Broker Partners