Linked here is a detailed quantitative analysis of Genuine Parts Company (GPC). Below are some highlights from the above linked analysis:
Company Description: Genuine Parts Co is a leading wholesale distributor of automotive replacement parts, industrial parts and supplies, and office products. [more]
Linked here is a detailed quantitative analysis of Chevron Corporation (CVX). Below are some highlights from the above linked analysis:
Company Description: Chevron Corporation is a global integrated oil company (formerly ChevronTexaco) has interests in exploration, production, refining and marketing, and petrochemicals. [more]
The internet provides investors with so much useful and interesting information. I could not imagine going back a decade or so and trying to analyze stocks without the internet - waiting for quarterly reports to be mailed for owned companies and calling the investor relations contacts for information on unowned companies. One of my job responsibilities is the statutory reporting for the corporation I work for. Filing 10-Ks, 10-Qs and other such required reports is often tedious, but it gives me a great appreciation of what information is available, including who owns some of the top dividend stocks...
In the U.S., the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) requires institutional investment managers who exercise investment discretion over $100 million or more in Section 13(f) securities to report their holdings on Form 13F with the SEC. Because of this required filing we can analyze the holdings of Berkshire Hathaway (Warren Buffett's holding company) or any other large institution. However, once the Form 13Fs are aggregated, we can see who the large shareholders are for any public company, including these high profile Dividend Growth Stocks:
Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) | Yield: 2.7%
- 67.84% Institutional Ownership (%)
- 22.66% Top 10 Institutions (%)
- 0.08% 5%/Insider Ownership (%)
- 5.7% State Street Global Advisors (US)
- 4.9% Vanguard Group, Inc.
- 3.1% BlackRock Institutional Trust Company, N.A.
- 1.6% Wellington Management Company, LLP
- 1.5% Northern Trust Investments, N.A
The Coca-Cola Company (KO) | Yield: 3.2%
- 63.01% Institutional Ownership (%)
- 28.46 Top 10 Institutions (%)
- 1.16% 5%/Insider Ownership (%)
- 9.1% Berkshire Hathaway Inc.
- 5.0% Vanguard Group, Inc.
- 4.0% State Street Global Advisors (US)
- 2.8% Fidelity Management & Research
- 2.6% BlackRock Institutional Trust Company, N.A.
Procter & Gamble Co. (PG) | Yield: 3.0%
- 65.41% Institutional Ownership (%)
- 25.39% Top 10 Institutions (%)
- 0.20% 5%/Insider Ownership (%)
- 5.3% Vanguard Group, Inc.
- 4.5% State Street Global Advisors (US)
- 3.1% Procter & Gamble Company Profit Sharing Trust
- 3.0% BlackRock Institutional Trust Company, N.A.
- 2.1% Fidelity Management & Research
For the above I used MSN MoneyCentral, but many other services provide the same information. Obviously, large index mutual funds, such as the Vanguard Group, Inc. and Fidelity, will hold significant positions in S&P 500 companies, and those in other indexes. Insurance companies, such as Berkshire Hathaway Inc. and State Farm, will always have large sums invested in equities. The above three popular dividend growth stocks are all held by Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (BRK.A). As you can see from BRK.A's latest 13F on the SEC's website, they are also holding these other dividend growth stocks:
- ConocoPhillips (COP) | Yield: 3.9%
- General Electric (GE) | Yield: 3.4%
- Exxon Mobil Corp. (XOM) | Yield: 2.6%
- International Business Machines (IBM) | Yield: 2.0%
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (WMT) | Yield: 2.5%
Buffett is a renowned value investor. As such, BRK.A's 13F is one of the most viewed each quarter when it is filed. Investors want to know what the Oracle has bought and sold. Many websites use this information to set up a Buffett Tracking Portfolio, along with other respected investors. There is a great deal of information freely available to investors. Sometimes we just need to detour from our familiar paths to discover it.
Full Disclosure: Long JNJ, KO, PG, COP, XOM, IBM, WMT in my Dividend Growth Portfolio. See a list of all my dividend growth holdings here.
- 6 Stocks With Room To Grow Their Dividend
- 9 Stocks That Have Paid Dividends For Over 100 Years
- We Were Dividends, Before Dividends Were Cool
- 10 Dividend Stocks Delivering The Secret To Success
- 10 Dividend Stocks For A Rainy Day [more]
Once again it is time for a goals/progress update. I am pleased to report that annualized dividend income increased in March, extending the streak to 45 consecutive months of increases after June 2010's decline. Since I began publicly tracking annualized dividend income in November 2007, it has increased in 74 of the last 76 months. My goals were defined in this December 1, 2007 Investing Goals post and last updated in my 2014 Investing Goals post. Below is an updated version of the table found in the original post... [more]
Linked here is a detailed quantitative analysis of Monsanto Co. (MON). Below are some highlights from the above linked analysis:
Company Description: Monsanto Co. is a global provider of agricultural products and integrated solutions for farmers. [more]